Are you interested in working as a Camp Intern for the AEF Summer Camps?
This is a great opportunity to earn volunteer hours and work with camp instructors and kids over summer. This will look great on your college applications.
What does it involve?
Interns will work alongside the camp instructors during our half-day summer camps. You will assist the instructor in providing extra supervision for the camp participants and provide hands-on assistance to the children who may need extra help in completing any activities.
- Camps will be held at Haight School, 2025 Santa Clara Ave, Alameda.
- Camps are held from June 27 – July 29, 2016. You are on site from 8.15am – 12.45pm or 12:45pm – 4:15pm.
- Internships require a 2-week commitment, but they do not have to be consecutive.
We will be offering a variety of camps including science, robotics, drawing, guitar, sewing, circus and many more. A full list of our camps can be found by clicking here.
What do you need to do to apply?
- The program costs $25. This includes training and a t-shirt. If you are selected for an interview you must bring a check payable Alameda Education Foundation to the interview. The check will not be cashed unless you are accepted into the program.
- Attend an interview. Interviews do not guarantee a place in the program.
- If accepted, intern must attend the training session – no exceptions.
- You must be available to volunteer for 2 weeks over summer starting June 27th and ending July 29th . We will try to accommodate your schedule requests, but we can’t guarantee all requests will be met.
- These hours will satisfy AUSD community service requirements.
Who may apply?
Applicants must be between 14 – 17 years old to apply.
Need more information?
Students who are interested and have questions may email or call Sarah Olaes, Enrichment Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-337-7189. We really encourage the students to contact AEF with their questions.
- Register by April 15, 2016 by completing the online application form.
- Interviews will be the week of May 2, 2016 and May 9, 2016. You must bring $25 to the interview (checks ONLY, payable to Alameda Education Foundation). Your check will be cashed IF you are accepted into the program.
- Training date: June 7, 2016, 4 – 5.30pm (subject to change).