Are you interested in working as a Camp Intern for the AEF Summer Camps?
This is a great opportunity to earn volunteer hours and work with camp instructors and kids over the summer. This will look great on your college applications.
What does it involve?
Interns will work alongside the camp instructors during our half-day summer camps. You will assist the instructor in providing extra supervision for the camp participants and provide hands-on assistance to the children who may need extra help in completing any activities.
- Camps will be held at Haight School, 2025 Santa Clara Ave, Alameda.
- Camps are held from June 26 – July 28, 2017 (no camps July 4). You are on site from 8.15am – 12.45pm or 12:45pm – 4:15pm.
- Internships require a 2-week commitment, but weeks do not have to be consecutive.
We will be offering a variety of camps including science, robotics, drawing, guitar, sewing, circus and many more. A full list of our camps can be found by clicking here.
What do you need to do to apply?
- The program costs $40. This includes training and a t-shirt. If you are selected for an interview you must bring a check payable to the Alameda Education Foundation to the interview. The check will not be cashed unless you are accepted into the program.
- Attend an interview. However, interviews do not guarantee a place in the program.
- If accepted, you must attend the training session – no exceptions.
- You must be available to volunteer for 2 weeks over summer starting June 26th and ending July 28th . We will try to accommodate your schedule requests, but we can’t guarantee all requests will be met.
- These hours will satisfy AUSD community service requirements.
Who may apply?
Applicants must be between 14 – 17 years old.
Need more information?
Students who are interested and have questions may email or call Sarah Olaes, Enrichment Program Director, at email@example.com or 510-337-7189. We encourage the students to contact AEF with their questions.
- Register by April 14, 2017 by completing the online application form.
- Interviews will be held after the registration close. You must bring $40 to the interview (checks ONLY, payable to the Alameda Education Foundation). Your check will be cashed only if you are accepted into the program.
- Training date: May 30, 2017, 4:00 – 4:45pm (subject to change) at Wood Middle School.