Help Alameda students start off the school year ‘Equipped 4 Success’ with new backpacks and school supplies! Our goal is to support homeless, formerly homeless and very low income Kindergarten – 12th grade students with new backpacks filled with grade-appropriate school supplies that they need to be ready to learn on the first day of school.
Research shows that the average family spends $109 per year per child on school supplies. Families struggling to overcome poverty or the trauma of homelessness lack the resources to buy these school supplies. Students who begin school without the school supplies they need are at risk of falling behind their more affluent peers.
Equipped 4 Success is a collaboration of the Alameda Education Foundation (AEF), the Alameda Unified School District and Alameda nonprofits that serve children and families. By working with our partners, we are able to ensure that the students most in need receive the tools they need to start the year ready to learn.
Here’s how you can help!
- Make a donation. Your cash donation enables us to take advantage of bulk orders and price breaks to get the most bang for the buck. Tax-deductible donations may be made by clicking one of the “donation” buttons below or by mailing a check to AEF (please indicate E4S in the memo line), PO Box 1363, Alameda, CA 94501.
- Donate backpacks and school supplies. Donation bins will be at convenient locations around town in July and August. Check back this summer for locations.
Equipped 4 Success is made possible by grants from:
- Rotary Club of Alameda
- Alameda Welfare Council
Thank you to our sponsors:
Thank you to the countless individuals who donated backpacks, supplies and money!!
Binder paper, college ruled
Binder paper, wide ruled
Binders, 1” hard cover 3 ringClear rulers
|Highlighter pens (various colors)
Markers, broad tip
Markers, thin tip
|Pens – blue and red
School supplies are distributed to low-income students served by the:
- Alameda Unified School District’s McKinney-Vento Program (for homeless families)
- Alameda Point Collaborative (serving formerly homeless families)
- Alameda Boys & Girls Club
- DreamCatcher Youth Services (for homeless youth)
- Girls Inc. of the Island City
- Alameda Head Start (serving low-income preschoolers)
- Woodstock Child Development Center (serving low-income preschoolers)
|Alameda South Shore Center Summer Beats Concerts
July 4, July 16, July 30, Aug. 13
Monetary donations enable us to purchase items at greatly discounted bulk rates, stretching your dollar maximally to help support more students. Click the “Donate” button below to make an online donation today! Monetary donations may also be mailed to Alameda Education Foundation, P.O. Box 1363, Alameda, CA 94502. Please indicate “school supply drive.”
We gladly collect monetary donations all year around so that we are always ready to Equip Students 4 Success!
$30 = a backpack + school supplies for an elementary student
$40 = a backpack + supplies for a middle or high school student
$100 = 10 backpacks
Equipped 4 Success is a collaboration of the following organizations: